- Second screens not distracting TV viewers, says Nielsen 18 June 2013 | 4:00 pm
- Jeff Weber replaced as AT&T’s president of content 18 June 2013 | 3:19 pm
- CommunicAsia: Telstra claims Asian CSPs being duped by industry myths 18 June 2013 | 2:41 pm
- Astro Malaysia claims widest IPTV-via-fibre coverage 18 June 2013 | 11:21 am
- CommunicAsia: Verimatrix secures multiscreen video for NTT Plala 18 June 2013 | 10:29 am
The leading global event in the OTTtv market
Now in its seventh year, the OTTtv World Summit is the major OTT focused event in the calendar. Continually attracting the biggest CXO names to its speaker line-up, OTT World Summit is the place to discuss and shape the future of the multiplatform entertainment industry.
The event has grown in size, and will take place across 4 days – incorporating IP Cable World Summit and a Social TV focus day; this decision stems from Informa Telecoms & Media analyst research, showing the ever increasing importance of cable companies within the multiscreen ecosystem.
After extensive research with key players in the global ecosystem; OTT World Summit will focus on the key challenges and opportunities within Cloud TV, original content development, Social TV and the growing importance of MAM platforms and transcoding to the the OTT ecosystem.
What can you expect to learn about?
Tuesday 19th November
OTT + New Pay TV Models
- Assessing the strength of operator OTT strategies
- What is the next stage of the build, buy or partner debate?
- Understanding the evolution of the Pay TV ecosystem
- Telco OTT business strategies for the multiplatform environment
Wednesday 20th November
OTT Distribution Models
- Case studies of local content OTT schemes
- Understanding the role of OTT in Pay TV business models
- Monetising the next stage of the multiscreen ecosystem
- Creating transmedia advertising strategies
Brand new for 2013, Social TV World Summit will return as a focus day, taking place on Thursday 21st November.
Discover insight on a range of topics including:
- Creating new storytelling experiences
- Understanding the next stage of multiscreen engagement
- Developing sustainable transmedia broadcast strategies
- Driving multiplatform content across many channels
- What are the future relationship of Apps and TV?
- Creating an attractive UI in a post linear age
- Understanding the Zeebox business model
- Localising global content through a TV app
- Accessibility and creativity: warring siblings or brothers in arms?
IP Cable World Summit focus day will analyse the opportunities available to leading cable companies through multiscreen content evolution. Leading global players will assess the opportunities available when combining the bandwidth of cable with the flexibility of IP to deliver compelling multiplatform services.
- Understanding the new service capabilities IP brings to cable
- Delivering the next stage of cable TV from the cloud
- Optimising the role of LTE in cable service offerings
- Guaranteeing service quality in home networks
- Developing a business case for IP migration
- Understanding IP migration strategy and technology
- Combining multiscreen TV with IP distribution
- Partnering with OTTs to evolve TV offerings
“... interesting presentations and good opportunities to meet others from the industry.”Paul Stallard, Head of Systems Management, Ericsson Television
“Insightful with great knowledge from top speakers. Very good duration for networking..”Andy Choi, StarHub, New Media & Content Marketing
“Very thorough overview of current dynamics within the OTT industry”Jerome Kim, 3D Content Manager, LG Electronics UK
“Insightful, interactive..”Sami Karoui, Senior Service Line Manager, NAGRA
"Enlightening!"Mustafa Cakir, Business Development, Digiturk